The Initiative works with the Collaborative on issues outlined in the Sustainable Raritan River Action Plan. The Action Plan, developed in 2009, focuses on five key ares of concern in the Raritan Region:
- Remediation, rehabilitation and reuse of abandoned and underutilized properties
- Public access and recreational use of the river
- Stewardship, habitat restoration and protection
- Water quality, management of stormwater and reinvestment in infrastructure
- Balanced redevelopment for both economic and environmental quality
In addition, the Initiative focuses on the impacts of climate change on the Raritan and its environs and communities. Click on the links above or to the right to learn about each of these focus areas and to discover what our Collaborative partners have been doing in these areas to make a difference for the Raritan region.