Each year at its Annual Conference, the Sustainable Raritan River Collaborative gives awards to recognize outstanding achievement in efforts to revitalize our region, restore and protect our resources and promote our area as a premiere place to live, work and raise a family.
The Sustainable Raritan Awards were established in 2010 to promote innovation and energize local efforts to restore and protect the rivers, streams and habitat of the Raritan River, Basin and Bay. There were originally six categories of awards. Due to the breadth of nominees, additional awards have been added over the years.
This year, nominations will be accepted for achievement in :
- Citizen Action – New this year!
- Government Innovation
- Non-Profit Innovation
- Public Access
- Public Education
- Remediation and Redevelopment
- Sustainable Business
If you believe a person, organization, business, or governmental group has gone above and beyond the call for a more Sustainable Raritan we would like to know about them.
Nomination deadline is May 31, 2017. The Awards will be announced at the 9th Annual Sustainable Raritan Conference on June 9, 2017.
Letters of nomination should include the following information:
- Name of nominee organization, municipality, county or individual
- Category you wish to nominate them for
- Description of activities that support your candidate for recognition
- Photographs, articles or other media to support the nomination
- Nominee’s contact information (including street address, email and phone numbers)
- Contact information of person making the nomination (including street address, email and phone numbers)
Follow this link to read about prior year recipients.